Rules: ICOM NATHIST Student Bursary 2023
What the Bursary Covers
To a cap of €1,000 the bursary will cover:
- Airfare to Costa Rica (economy)
- Accommodation during the conference
- Registration fees
In addition, the successful student will:
- Be presented at formal ICOM NATHIST functions during the conference.
- Give a presentation (approx. 10-15 minutes) on an area of his/her specialty in one of the conference symposiums.
- Receive a special commemorative document, signed by the President of ICOM NATHIST, acknowledging his/her achievement.
How to Apply
To apply, provide the following material to the address below (see “Submission”):
- One essay in either French, Spanish or English to a maximum of three pages covering:
- Course(s) of study
- Why natural history and museums are of interest
- Proposed presentation abstract
- How this opportunity would be of benefit to the student’s career
- A transcript of undergraduate courses
- Current transcript for graduate enrollment
- Two professional letters of recommendation, at least one from a museum professional
Submissions will be assessed by a panel designated by ICOM NATHIST. All decisions made by that panel will be final. Only two student bursaries will be awarded for the 2022 round. At the discretion of the panel, one or more “runners-up” may be named. Runner-up students will be entitled to a commemorative document signed by the President of ICOM NATHIST and be invited to be present at official ICOM NATHIST events during the conference.
Submit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15th July 2023, 23:59 (UTC+0). Late applications will not be accepted.
Disbursal of Funds
The cap for the bursary is €1,000. Any additional costs must be borne by the successful student or their institution. Receipts and itemized expenses will be required for all costs claimed. Funds will be awarded only on money spent, and unspent bursary funds will be retained by ICOM NATHIST. The deadline for submission of receipts and accounts is 15th July 2023, 23:59 (UTC+0). Late claims will not be honored.
Funds will be provided to the student by international check or wire transfer upon receipt of the accounts and receipts.
 Submissions must be in size 12-point Calibri font, with normal margins.