Over the the last four decades, the icom nathist has been hosted in by many prestigious institutions in many parts of the world, each adding their enthusiasm, local topics and special brand of hospitality. We come away from each event with new lessons and have been storing them up.
These lessons have formed the basis of the ICOM NATHIST Conference Planning Guide. It has been jointly authored by a number of past conference hosts and vetted by the Board of ICOM NATHIST. The manual is, primarily, a resource for institution wishing to explore bidding to host the conference or simply wanting to know what’s involved. For those already preparing to host a conference, the manual is an helpful resource for to assist in a smoothly-run event.
Download the Manual
The 2018 edition builds on previous iterations of best practice, is more streamlined and user-friendly.
For questions about this manual or its use, or if you are interested in hosting an upcoming conference for ICOM NATHIST please contact us using the contact form at this link.
Here are some highlights you will find in the manual:
- A suggested timeline of activities beginning 36 months out
- Assistance with the theme of the conference, conference activities and special events
- Who does what with regard to planning
- What is expected with respect to finances, accounting, insurance and reporting
- Information about marketing and promotion