NATHIST 2018 Annual Conference – Call for Papers Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, Israel, November 5-8, 2018
“Natural History Museums in Time and Place”
In the recent annual meetings of NATHIST we discussed the future of Natural History Museums. It is time to address the present and examine our museums in Time and Place. NATHIST 2018 Conference in Israel will address a number of possible themes relating, among others, to the following topics:
- Museum collections and research, collecting policies, new research that we conduct, usage of new technologies and methods.
- Exhibitions, Presenting new ideas and new topics like: Anthropocene, Climate change. Creating multidisciplinary exhibitions. To be objective or to take a stand and more.
- Visitors, how to expose them to scientific work? How to encourage young people to become scientists? How to address the diversity of visitors, cultures, religions and people with special needs.
Presentations should not exceed 15 minutes in length and must be delivered in English. Since no translation services will be provided, the presentation text must be easy to follow for an international audience.
Deadline for Presentations:
Please submit an abstract of 200-300 words, a short biographical note and contact details to NATHIST Board Member Dorit Wolenitz, email@example.com by 30 June 2018. All abstracts will be evaluated by the conference Selection Committee. The Committee will respond by July 15 2018.
Abstracts must include the following:
- Name and affiliation of the author (including ICOM membership number for ICOM members)
- Email address, address and telephone number
- Any special technological requirements (such as Mac/PC for accompanying images, video)
Authors of successful papers must submit a written version of their presentation in the form of a Word document with photos, tables and charts as separate attachments by October 1 2018. All abstracts and presentations are to be made in English.
We are also calling our colleagues to approach us with ideas for workshops or special sessions.
Further details about the conference and the exciting post-conference tour (to the Dead Sea, Qumran and Masada) will be published soon. Details on registration and payment will also be posted shortly.